5.29.2007

Crystal River Memorial Weekend Triathlon


I raced the event as a hit out on my form for the early summer. I must say, although I was 2nd, that I am far from happy with my current fitness. I spent far too much time working on my research paper for graduation and it led me to lose a lot of fitness. I certainly have a lot of catching up to do, but it's not really big news.

The race itself was ok, and I must admit my lack of fitness also led to some tactical mistakes. I have a lot of notes from the event and have already started working on my calendar of races for the next few months. My A race is certainly Ironman Louisville, and event I think about daily these days. There are 5 spots for the pro race to qualify for Hawaii, and i am hoping to be in shape to grab one of them.

This weekend I am off to the Rock&Roll half ironman , which doubles as the Southeast Long Course Championships. Then the week after that, the Public / Coca-Cola Series in the Bahamas.

I will write after these 2 events.

Ciao,
Felipe