2.16.2012

Race Season Prep

I know, I know. It's been a long time since I last posted. I've been bad and promise to update more often this season.

Now that most of my sponsor ships for the new year are ironed out, I am finally able to focus on the race calendar. While I don't have a complete idea of what the year will look like, I will be kicking off the season at the HITS Half Distance in Ocala, FL on March 25, and I am certainly looking forward to it.

I have not raced the Half distance in several years. The last time I opened a season with one was in 2007 at the Kinetic Half, where I was 5th (losing 2 spots in the final miles). This time, my hopes are that the preparation ensures I don't crumble right at the end. That being said, expectations are not very high. The main goal is to have a good hit out to set me up for the rest of the race season.

Training is coming along well, particularly swimming and running. The bike is slightly behind due to living in a big city and the difficulties of just getting a good ride right out the door. On the weekends, Jessica and I have been driving to San Antonio to enjoy the hills. She just bought a QR Seduza from Cycle Therapy (it was quite a good deal) and we are planning on heading to Ocala to see the bike course this weekend.

I've enjoyed seeing her progression from runner to triathlete quite a bit. She has an engine in her, and coaching her to race her first ever triathlon, an Olympic distance also part of the HITS Series on March 24 has been a blast. Needless to say (but I will say it just the same) the rest of the race season will be even better once we have this first one out of the way.

I promise to update more often in 2012.

Felipe