12.26.2007

Winter Training Camp

I spent over 20 hours on my bicycle last week. Needless to say, my body is not happy about how acquainted I've gotten with my saddle. 

Riding in Florida has been really nice. Although every mile has been done alone, it sure beats the cold weather back home in Alabama. This week's training has been a little tougher to get done. I am tired, I am sore, it's Christmas, it always seems like there is always a good excuse to stay indoors. Yesterday it was Christmas. After opening some gifts in the morning,  left and spend 4 hours riding in the flatlands of Alachua, Levy and Marion Counties. It seemed I was the only one out there: very little cars or cyclists out. I got home just before it got dark.

The goal for this week is to repeat what I did the past 7 days, plus 10%. It sure is going to be a tough goal, but so far I am on track. 

Gotta go to the pool now.

Ciao,

Felipe