2.24.2008

Higher Peak

Continuing the presentation of my full roster of 2008 sponsors, I'd like to present you Higher Peak.

I began using the "sleep high, train low" technique in my training on January 4th. I started at a flimsy 4,500ft. It is now 8 weeks later, and my fiancee and i are sleeping at over 10,000 ft. I first thought convincing her would be a tough sell, as I don't believe it the thought of sleeping in a tent every single night is appealing to anyone. But surprisingly, she really doesn't mind. In fact, Leland often tells me she likes it. Besides the fact that she is getting stronger, I think she likes the cozy factor! (-:

I am very happy I am working with Higher peak. i can clearly see that sleeping in a hypoxic environment has made changes in my body that allow me to go harder for longer periods of time. Although i have not yet gotten a hematocrit, I plan on doing it within 2 weeks.

You can find out more about the company here: www.HigherPeak.com