8.16.2008

Calgary is a very nice place

I've been here in the heart of the new west since Friday evening. Luckily my bag made it here today after being lost. This was the first tkime my luggage was lost, so I was getting aprehensive, but now I am all set to race.

Alberta itself is gorgeous, and Calgary is such an active city. People exercising everywhere, riding, canoeing, running, you name it. Definitely a place I'd live if it was 50 degrees warmer in the winter!


Jeol from Niklas Group and his wife have a lovely home, very modern, and that is where I am staying. You can find out more about their business on http://www.niklasgroup.com/.
The race start is at 9 am local time. I will update from the airport if I can get a connection, or from home when I arrive ( 12 pm local time - Calgary is pretty far west!)