3.08.2009

Long time no update!

I know it has been quite some time since I last updated. I am usually good about posting, but life has been so hectic that I've been stretched thin since the beggining of the year amd the end of my first training camp of the year.

Everything is going quite well. I am only a few short weeks from being done with my 1L year at Alabama Law. I antecipate the next 2 years being far less difficult and time consuming, which means I will once again be able to devote a reasonable amount of hours of my week to training.

Because of this change, I have adapted my training to take less time. As such, I had to up the intensity quite a bit, and it has been rough to recover from many of the sessions. As an example, on Thurday I went out for a 8 x 3 min hard/2min spin, followed immediately by ( running) 2 min hard/ 30 sec. walk. Afterwards, I rode home. I just did the repeats on a flat, out and back section of road 10 miles from my apartment in Tuscaloosa ( where I spend my week days), and did the run intervals on the dirt roads nearby. It really reminded me of my long gone ITU days - I just put my running flats on my Hydrotail and off I was. This is definitely a session I will be doing weekly.

This Saturday ( Mar 14) I will race my first event of the season - the Camp Partlow Duathlon. I have only done a few Duathlons in my life - they hurt a lot! - and am quietly looking forward to pushing myself over a run/bike/run event once again.

I will update soon about it. Don't want this first post back to get too long!

FB