7.16.2008

Another race weekend ahead

I know it's been nearly 3 weeks since I last wrote anything up here. I hzve been trying hard to manage life as a student of law and as a professional athlete. Needless to say, both activities are quite time consuming. When you mix both, it becomes a recipe for busy times and little desire/energy for much else. Hence the lack of updates.

This weekend I am off to the Riverboat Triathlon. It is a first year race in the heart of Dixie Country, and being a good Southern boy, I am very much looking forward to it - will do my best to write something here quickly after the race is over.

I am not tapering much for this race. To be honest, tonight's run had a 1 hour set at 1/2 marathon pace in rolling terrain. I am sure I will still be feeling my quads come race morning, but I have a few bigger races coming up, so as part of the preparation, I will be doing the riverboat triathlon on little to no taper.