10.14.2008

2008

2008 was a great year for me, both professionally and personally. My fiancée and I really settled into our new home in the suburbs of Birmingham, AL, and I got accepted into the University Of Alabama School Of Law, where I currently attend Law classes and hope to earn a J.D. by 2011 ( or 2012 f it gets in the way of training/racing), while maintaining a career as a professional triathlete.

My initial thoughts were that Law School would slow me down some, but I have found the opposite. It made me streamline my life, simplify things, and as a result, I ended up getting faster. I hope to be able to keep the trend through 2009.

Here is a quick recap of the year:

January:
Florida Training Camp
March:
Miami International Triathlon – DNF (flat tire on km 4)
Training Camp in El Paso, TX
April:
Dallas, TX Half Ironman – 5th
May:
Alabama State Champion
Tri-America New Orleans (Course Record) – 2nd
Rock 'N Roll Man – South East Long Course Championship – 2nd
June:
Buster Britton Triathlon – 2nd
Alabama State Games – Gold (new course record)
July:
Riverboat Triathlon – 1st (new course record)
August:
Lake Chaparral Olympic Triathlon (Canada) – 2nd
Callaway Gardens Triathlon – 1st
September:
Weiss Lake Triathlon – 1st (new course record)


Totals:

Wins:
4
Podiums (Top 5): 10
Pieces of luggage lost/delayed: 2
Miles traveled to and from events: 19,000+
Injuries: 0
Times sick: 0
Rides with former Tour de France winners: 1