12.29.2008

The miles aren't going to do themselves

I have been logging pretty consistent hours the past week or so. Yesterday I rode 170k, almost to the Georgia State line ( from Gainesville). I really wanted to cross the state line. but knew it I'd be getting back too late after nightfall if I had kept ongoing. turns out I turned around 6 miles from the border. Bummer. I will likely make another attempt this week.

While I would like to brag about doing it all alone, with zero drafting, I must admit that I appreciated the old lady who was going 30mph for over a mile after making a right turn. Made for a nice break from the steady winds that accompanied me all day.

Last week saw a total of 620k of saddle time. This week's should be a little lower, with a tad more speed work. A great way to end 2008 and welcome the new year, if you ask me.