1.07.2009

Only a few days left in Florida

Week 2 of the training camp is in the books. This past Sunday was the last day of the big push. I rode 121 miles ( crossing the FL-GA border) and then had a 5 mile run afterwards. All in all, just shy of a 7 hour training day. While most people were enjoying the weekend, for me it was just another working day.

Being down here makes it far easier to get the mileage done. The weather is gorgeous, the roads are smooth and the shoulders wide. Also, since I am not at home it forces me to focus on the reasons I came down: to train, get fitter, faster, and lay down the foundation for a successful season ahead.

The camp ends this weekend, coinciding nicely with the Gainesville International Triathlon.

I am far from race shape, so it should be an interesting way to jump start my body. I will then make the drive back to Birmingham, and pack to Tuscaloosa, where I have to be for 9 am Constitutional law classes beggining Monday, Jan 12th.